What are bed bugs?
Bed bugs are structural invading, blood-feeding pests that are difficult to control. Adults are small and tricky to spot because they squeeze their flat bodies into tight, dark spaces. Bed bugs are nocturnal and hide during the day, emerging at night to feed on the blood of their sleeping hosts. Bed bugs feed on the blood of warm-blood animals but prefer human blood. Adults have reddish-brown, wingless bodies, six legs, and short antennae.
Are bed bugs dangerous?
Bed bugs aren’t dangerous, but they are hard to control, breed quickly, and spread rapidly. While bed bugs aren’t currently responsible for spreading a significant number of diseases to people, they still bite us and feed on our blood, making them unwelcome in our homes. Those allergic to bed bugs typically develop a red, itchy, unpleasant rash and can lead to secondary infections due to scratching at the bite sites. A bed bug infestation leads to other things like sleepless nights and the inability to feel comfortable in your home.
Why do I have a bed bug problem?
Bed bugs can become a problem inside any Florida home or business. They hitchhike from place to place on people and our belongings. Their flat bodies allow them to stow away unnoticed, moving with us on our clothing, the seams of bags, luggage, and other items.
Bed bugs are indoor pests, which means that you can come into contact with these pests in any indoor space where people are coming and going.
Places where people regularly come into contact with bed bugs include:
- Hospitals and schools
- Shopping centers and office buildings
- Airports, bus stations, cruise ships
- Hotels and resorts
- Museums, libraries, movie theaters
- Amusement parks
Where will I find bed bugs?
Unlike many other pests, bed bugs don’t create a central nesting spot; they retreat to their favorite hiding spots during the day. We regularly find bed bugs in places, including the seams of mattresses and furniture, cracks in walls, under clutter, within rugs, and behind baseboards and wall hangings. Bed bugs like to be near their food sources and spend most of their time in the areas of a home where we spend most of our time — bedrooms, living rooms, and family rooms.
How do I get rid of bed bugs?
To eliminate bed bugs and prevent an infestation, you need to partner with an experienced professional. To be successful, you must eradicate every adult bed bug, nymph, and egg. At Bold Servicing, we understand how stressful bed bugs are and will quickly come to your aid, providing the necessary services to remove these pests and prevent them from returning. Our premium, comprehensive bed bug control options in Tampa, FL, are convenient and effective. To learn more about eliminating bed bugs from your Tampa Bay Area area home or business, reach out to us today!
How can I prevent bed bugs in the future?
Here are some prevention tips to help keep bed bugs and other pests out of your Florida home.
- When traveling, take precautions like inspecting your hotel room before bringing luggage inside, keeping suitcases up off the floor, and keeping clothing in sealed plastic bags when not in use.
- Don’t lay your personal belongings on the ground or near other people’s belongings in public places.
- Take care when purchasing used pieces of furniture, rugs, or clothing. Check them for bed bugs and thoroughly clean them before bringing them into your home.
- Regularly wash your bedding and inspect mattresses for bed bug activity.
- Regularly vacuum your home and furniture.
- Know that a bed bug infestation can happen at any time in any home. Always be vigilant and contact Bold Servicing at the first sign of these pests!