Is It Dangerous To Have Bed Bugs In My Tampa, FL Home?
June 4, 2021
No pest offers what is considered to be a good experience for Tampa, FL homeowners. That doesn't mean that every pest is dangerous though. One pest common to the Tampa area is bed bugs. This pest is small, flat, and round similar to an apple seed.
Bed bugs are also known for their biting thanks to feeding on the blood of living creatures. To make matters worse, there's rarely a rhyme or reason as to why they've invaded your home. This is thanks to their status as hitchhikers. The car seat you sit on or the luggage your carrying represent prime targets for bed bugs to attach themselves to. Once attached, they go wherever you go, which is usually home.
Are Bed Bugs Dangerous?
Despite their habit of feeding on people's blood, bed bugs aren't considered to be a danger like other blood drinkers since they don't transmit disease. With that being said, there are still some concerns to be aware of before writing the danger off such as:
- Allergic Reactions: In some cases, allergic reactions happen with bed bug bites. Most of the time, this presents as an extreme itch. Unfortunately, some people can experience anaphylactic shock, which requires prompt medical attention.
- Infections: If the bites are itchy, you're going to scratch. It's only natural. However, sometimes the scratching is intense enough to open the bite wounds. When this occurs, the chance of infection rises accordingly. Some common infections experienced include impetigo and lymphangitis among other infections.
- Mental Strain: Since they hide so easily and seemingly taunt people with itchy bites, some people can experience mental strain with an active infestation. This can present as insomnia or anxiety along with other similar concerns.
One Last Concern
Bed bugs are notoriously hard to control with prevention being a close second. This is ultimately what makes them a major problem beyond whether or not they're a danger to people. Bed bugs reproduce at a rapid rate, which means bed bug control on your own is doomed to fail.
Even worse, bed bugs are hard to eliminate due to their toughness against pesticides. In fact, only high heat or extreme cold is known to be fully effective. That's why it's always a good idea to make use of professional bed bug control services when facing an active infestation. However, you stand a better chance with prevention by sticking to the following tips:
- Luggage Check: Especially if you've recently traveled, it's important to check your luggage along with clothes, vehicles, and other things you've come into contact with. Identifying bed bugs before they make it inside will save you a headache.
- Regular Cleaning/Washing: With vacuuming and washing/drying on high heat, you can make your home less hospitable. You can prevent a bed bug infestation from establishing a base.
Get Rid Of The Bed Bugs With Bold Servicing
Bed bugs can make everything seem so much worse like they’ll never get better. However, even with the most active infestation, you have options. Through partnering with our team at Bold Servicing, you place yourself in the hands of professionals that can help you become and remain bed bug-free.
We offer safe and effective bed bug treatments that will effectively eliminate all bed bugs from the premises of your Tampa home or business. Do you think you have a bedbug infestation? Give our team at Bold Servicing a call to speak with one of our agents about our professional bedbug control options or fill out our online form to schedule your free inspection.